Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Friday, December 13, 2013

Where I'm supposed to be.

Sometimes I don't even realize I've gone so long without writing.

Recently I had been having issues with my darn pointe shoes. I mean, I know they're supposed to hurt, but should they bring me to tears during class? I mean. I don't cry. It takes a lot for that to happen. But these shoes managed it.
After a long battle, I have finally gotten to where they're supposed to be; just the right amount of pain. This is the stuff I can endure. This is the stuff that I can battle through and see the results of my labor.
I'm still behind everyone else, but that's okay.
I'm also 25, I had an organ removed two months ago, not to mention all the other health issues plaguing me.
I don't want to make excuses, but I gotta accept reality at times. It is what it is.

Let me tell ya, it feels good to finally be able to do pointe like I'm supposed to be. To be able to fight the fight. To be able to work hard and succeed.
I have a long way to go, but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment