Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Friday, September 26, 2014

ramblings

I was really hopeful that I would be able to make it through the entire class yesterday, but alas:
Stupid ankle.
It's not that it was necessarily hurting, but about 10 minutes in to barre, it started doing this weird thing where I could feel it grinding or crunching or however you want to describe it.
I have noticed this in my foot before, and it makes me hecka nervous.
I just want to dance, but I also don't want to screw myself over by pushing through when I shouldn't, instead of resting it while I still have the luxury of resting it. Pushing it now could be detrimental come Nutcracker.
I'm just really frustrated, because I was looking forward to class yesterday.
(see sad face)
I don't want to lose all the strength I've gained and I don't want to fall behind everyone else. That's what happened last year; I was out with an injury then an organ removal (Dramatic sounding, I know.) and missed all those conditioning classes.
I need those classes. They're what I've been looking forward to.
I'm trying not to let myself get all anxious. Especially with everything going on in life right now, it'd be easy to get lost in it. But I don't have the luxury of succumbing to that right now. I have to keep it together.
So, I spent the class watching the other girls; trying to glean any bit of knowledge I can to help me better grasp everything in hopes that I'll be better equipped when I can dance again.
Maybe it's a good thing.
I have the pointe shoe fitting tomorrow have I mentioned how nervous I am? so maybe it's a good thing my ankle didn't let me get back into my old shoes. I'm hopeful they'll be able to finally show me a shoe that fits.
Gah, I'm freakin' Cinderella over here. Except, instead of taking a shoe all around to find the girl it fits, we're taking the girl all around to find the shoe that fits.
Anyway. Hopefully my foot heals up before too long. I'm glad to have such a great class at such a supportive studio.
Our insurance guy at work called and when I answered he told me about his 4-year-old daughter starting ballet classes at my same studio. It made me happy.

I am thankful to have the chance to get pictures at my new studio. I haven't pressed it too much since I'm still trying to get a feel for the place, but I'll take any opportunity I can get.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment