Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Monday, February 25, 2013

Keep on dreaming, even if it breaks your heart.

The human body can be broken, but the human spirit is uncrushable.
If you decide you won't let it be crushed.

I finally broke down and asked Jilissa about the pain in my knee.
It was tolerable, but has recently started getting worse.
I noticed a while back that when I bend my right knee, it felt like it was crunching under the knee cap. I had asked Jilissa about it, and she made a grimace face. Not good. She told me to watch it and try and be careful with it.
That was almost a year ago. For the most part it's been okay, but I noticed last week that it was pretty consistently shooting pain in the same spot.
So I asked her.
Once again, grimace.
She said that under the knee cap, it's not good. It could possibly need to be scraped. Dr's usually say not to do the surgery unless it's affecting your day-to-day like. "But, you're a dancer, so." She said that technology and modern medicine has come a long way, so I could possibly only be out for 3 weeks. But she's not a Dr, so all of this could be way off.
I decided I'm gonna get it checked out anyway. Just to see.
I really don't want to. I'm afraid I'll be told not to dance. Or not to get on pointe. Which it my dream I'm working towards. Or that I wouldn't get to do recital in June, which I have been looking forward to all year.
But, I can't let this overwhelm me.
If I give up, then I really will never reach my dreams.
Sure, it's a pretty tough pill to swallow to think that I may lose the one and only thing I really have left to hold on to. But I have to keep pushing forward.
Stopping ensures defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment