Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Saturday, April 27, 2013

My heart belongs in flight.

I got to stay for the advanced class yesterday.
It was the perk of being the only dancer to show up that wasn't advanced.
Only 4 people were in the class.
This never happens.
I think it helped. We were able to focus and really hone in.
I'm clearly not an advanced dancer, but I definitely loved getting to experience it.
To know where my path will hopefully one day go.
To know what I'm working towards.
We got to do partnering, too.
My first time ever.
I can't remember the last time I felt so alive
So free.
I felt like a professional, even though I know well that I am not.
In my mind, I was flawless.
It felt like flying.
It felt like grace.
There, in that moment, nothing else mattered.
Not a thing in the world.
Nothing before, nothing after
Just that moment of weightless grace.

That is where my heart belongs.

I'm so grateful to have had that taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment