Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It takes dedication to see the difference.

My dance teacher has been gone here and there this summer.
In her place, sometimes we have Sarah T teach us.
I really love it when we get her as a sub, because she understands where we are and she has a great way of explaining things. Sometimes a different point of view can help substantially.

In these classes, she has taught me many things I have wanted to blog about, but I get so excited that I forget to remember them... It makes me really mad, because they are wonderful life lessons and she's inadvertently showing me how to be a better person.
One thing that is undeniable is her dedication.
She is a living example that if you're dedicated, you'll see the difference.
She also takes us where we are, challenges us to push harder, but understands if there's a reason we have to slow down. She doesn't let you just sit in excuses, but gives you the balance when something may not be functioning as well.

I have a hard time with my circulation. I forget to breathe or don't breathe correctly, and it affects my performance. I'm trying to build up my endurance, and have to start very small. Usually, this embarrasses me enough to avoid it, but I don't want to do that anymore. I want to get serious. That's gonna take doing new things, which I'm scared of.
Exposure, accountability, endurance.
These three things are happening, and I'm on my way to becoming the best me I have ever been.

Also, I'm being challenged to improve the things I already know how to do. To really get a taste of the difficulty ballet can pose. And I'm concurring. I'm improving and pushing through to be better.

I really appreciate Sarah and her way of life. It's a great example to show me that it's possible to do these things I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment