Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Now that I've had some time to digest.

I've told some of my older classmates, and talked to one of my closest dance friends, and I guess it's starting to kind of hit.
There's a meeting thing on August 3rd at the studio, and I'm sure it's going to be a cry fest.
I've only been there for almost 3 years, I can't imagine how difficult this is for those who have been there for 8.

But I am beyond grateful, to Jilissa and Instep Dance Studios, for giving me a platform to chase and achieve my dreams, and setting fire to this desire of mine.

I'm looking into taking classes at different studios. The difficult thing is it's going to cost more than I can really budget in, and I don't know how many hours I'll actually get to dance. Competition seems to be steeper at other studios.

But you know, maybe change is good.
I have a feeling it'll be good for some of the younger dancers who really want to propel themselves forward into a dance career.

I've been debating whether or not I should keep dancing. Nothing makes me feel more alive, but there are so many things to factor into the decision. I'll have to re work my budgeting to see if it's even possible, first off. Then I have to find a new studio and begin that whole process. (which is nerve wracking, to say the least.)
Then, you know, we'll see.

So, my thoughts:


  • I'm so glad I didn't let feeling sicker than a dog keep me from going to that last summer class.
  • I'm so glad I took so many pictures during recital
    • I'm also glad that other people took me camera and got pictures I was in, including--and especially--ones back stage of us acting goofy.
  • I'm so glad I took pictures in our last baby class.
  • I'm so glad that we got a video of the YMCA combo we did in our last class, even though everyone debated me on it. 
  • I'm so beyond grateful for the people I've met, the things I've learned, and the kindness I have encountered at Instep Dance Studios. It has helped give me a great foundation into pursuing my dreams of dancing ballet as an adult.
It's still difficult, almost like mourning the loss of a friend, but I have great friends to support me and hope.

I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment