Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Friday, November 6, 2015

Week off.

The past five days, I haven't gone to work or dance.
I've learned tons and caught up on a million things I needed to get done, with about a million more that will be left unfinished (Among those is the pictures I'm currently editing, and the ones I won't have time to finish. And laundry is waiting for me when I run out of time here. And the lady behind me at Starbucks has a really annoying and obnoxiously loud voice and of course I forgot my earbuds.)
My knees are feeling better, but we have Rat Queen rehearsal tomorrow, so that probably won't last long. I have to learn how to press through it.
I've missed class to an extent, but I know I mentally needed a break. I've been forced to come to terms with certain aspects of my life that can't change, and also realize certain other areas of strength. It's been great to really take a breath and remember who I am and why without the constant buzzing of everyone else in my ears.
I think I may have liked it too much.

I took the headshots for the principal dancers as well as Ms. Munro and Mrs. Alex today. It was fun to be in the studio in real clothes, and to be around dance again. I'll be there for hours tomorrow for rehearsal, which I'm hoping will go well now that I am coming into it with a relatively clear mind.
I'm not going to lie, there are certain people and elements of being around so many people that I am not looking forward to, but I know it'll be okay in the end.

This is a short update, but an update nonetheless.
I'm going to get cracking on editing now and hopefully get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment