Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Monday, November 10, 2014

Yesterday I left rehearsal feeling better than I did going in.
Sure, I messed up the first time through, which happened to be when all the advanced girls were watching.
But, whatever. 
I ended strong.

Maybe it's that I seem to have finally gotten my shoes figured out.
Maybe it was attempting the darn pirouette I suck at.
(which, by the way, one of the other girls made one of the teacher's laugh with her reaction to that darn turn. "I haven't mastered it yet." She laughed and said no one has, and that even the advanced girls struggle with doing it so fast. It was great.)

It made me excited for Nutcracker, for my role in Nutcracker, and for this season in general.

I was putting all the rehearsal dates in my planner, when I realized that it's almost over. And I'm going to miss it.
I'm glad I did Nutcracker. Or, that I am currently doing Nutcracker.
Friends I haven't seen in years are coming out to support me, and that really makes me feel loved. It makes me feel like I've done something right in life, even through all the mistakes.

To you, who have supported me throughout this season,
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment