Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Memories

Just a few things I want to remember.


  • Seeing Ms. Munro watching and smiling from the wings as we danced Crows.
  • Elizabeth joking about getting caught on stage at the start of Act 2 and hiding behind Abby's throne and popping out when we turned Abby around or being Abby's arms from behind, etc.
  • Actually almost getting caught on stage at second act.
  • Jessica laughing at me when they started the wrong music (our music) and I instantly snapped into place in Winkie mode.
  • The uncontrolable laughter before the curtain rose because of Act 2's pre-shenanigans.
  • Seeing Abby's intense face while she was in character
  • As well as hearing the kids gasping from the front row.
  • Mariela coming to see us.
  • The Crows' genuine love and support for me
  • And how they cheered and made a fuss every time I entered the room.
  • My munchkins never wanting to leave my side.
  • Butter. (the dog. Our toto)
  • Andie in a bonnet
  • Everyone calling me Mom. I love that so much. I love these girls.
  • Mrs. Jane beaming as she watched Elizabeth side-stage. "I want to be Elizabeth when I grow up." "Me too."
  • Seeing Elizabeth watch the other dancers side stage in her beautiful costume THAT SHE MADE WHAT THE HECK
  • Sweeeet Caroliiiiine BUH DUH DUUUUH
  • and the rest of the songs that caught on in the dressing rooms
  • having the dressing rooms next to each other and being able to spend time with everyone
  • Anytime someone said, "It's too hot" a choir of "hot damn" being the reply.
  • The epic death of the Wicked Witch that was impromptu.
  • All of us coughing from the fog machine
  • Getting to give flowers to Abby at the end of the Beeville show (and to Elizabeth at the end of the other shows.)
  • The other Winkie's specifically letting me give them to these two because they knew we were friends. Such kind girls.
  • Conversations with Lillian.
  • Dairy Queen.
  • Abby's facebook messages


Yesterday was a fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment