Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Monday, October 5, 2015

Costume fittings

This weekend was the Nutcracker costume fittings for the older dancers.
I had the fitting for Petite Fleur on Saturday and Rat Queen on Sunday.

I left Bailando for a bit to run over and get fitted. They told me I could just do it Sunday, but Jilissa was okay in that time block so I went over. Good thing I did, too, since there was another girl I'm similar to and we had to switch around costumes and compare to get the right fit. Plus it was fun to be around all the other girls and get excited.


excpectation


Reality



Thanks Nina


Me with Elizabeth and Ms. Munro


Nina has quite the eye.

Yesterday I came a little early to help with all the Snow girls and their fitting (33 in the tiny costume room.)
It went about as smoothly as one can expect. Thankfully, Elizabeth is really organized.



I did a few headshots between that and RAT QUEEN










We're not excited at all.

The costumes are like giant onesies, and the tutu is actually the Black Swan tutu, so that's pretty cool. We feel pretty  naked without it (hence the last picture) but are excited that they all fit and Elizabeth doesn't have to do much to them!
At one point, Jessica and I were goofing around all excited, and Ms. Munro walked up. She looked at us, with a look of satisfaction, and said, "Great! I knew I picked the perfect people for this role!" Which made us feel awesome.
I love Jessica. This is going to be so much fun. 

Hopefully this season will just keep getting better. I'm really excited for it all. Plus, my rehearsals won't be all that extreme, so that's nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment