Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Act II rehearsals.

We had rehearsals with all of Act II on Sunday.
These make me nervous, because all of the "older" kids are watching. And honestly, with everyone that's been hurting themselves this season, I'm afraid of risk.
(I mean, I always seem to be afraid, but this is like, more. Whatever, judge me.)

Sunday's rehearsal was very tense. Overall it seemed like there was a strained air about the studio. Ms. Munro was sharper and no-nonsense, injured dancers nervous of their injuries, but doing their best, dancers goofing off panicking when they don't know what's going on, frustration all around at these people. At this point in the game,we should have our stuff together. I can understand the bigger numbers needing loads more work and direction, being that it's longer, more complicated, and contains many more people. But our little pieces should be together by now. Especially when it's not all too difficult.
(Stupid pirouette is still scaring me. And my toes are dying. And I'm not sure what else to do for them or if you just kind of get used to it.)

We went through it twice and we were supposed to do it in costumes the second round, but we ran out of time and ended up just running through it.

After the first time, they huddled us together really quickly for corrections. The first thing Ms. Munro said was,
"Emilee is the only one smiling the entire time! You all look like you're miserable." Then she did these little sound effects to indicate misery. "You all need to be more," *insert happy sound effects*

First Ms. Alex, and now Ms. Munro.
Not one mention of not having the pirouette down on pointe, although I really want to do it, for myself ya know? I don't want to cheat. I want to improve and I want to take risks. I also want to build up my strength in my feet and ankles.

I guess overall in life I feel rather defeated currently. I've noticed my tolerance is lacking, and I've found it difficult to deal with all the things that I can't control; especially when people are calling me lazy with it and saying I'm just making excuses.

People suck sometimes, and they are rude and careless. And these are days I want to become a recluse. Because trying to explain won't do anything for them, because they actually don't care, but they also won't keep their noses out of things.

I'm hopeful for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment