Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Monday, December 22, 2014

Final Performance.

As I've thought of what I wanted to write for our final show, I have trouble finding words.

What started out as a simple decision to try something new since I'm already at a new studio turned out to be one of the greatest things I've ever done.

I've faced fears--so many fears--right in the face and overcame them. I've tried so many new things and met new people. I was able to take pictures backstage throughout the whole thing and give them to the dancers and/or their parents. I've been welcomed in a warm way, which has been more of a relief than I even hoped for.

Last night's show wasn't my best (I'd say Saturday's was) but to think of how far I've come from the beginning of this, my "not best" greatly surpasses my hope for a maybe best when this started.
Does that even make sense?
It was a late night and I'm at work and still on a Nutcracker high.

I'm really sad it's over, but so beyond grateful to have been a part of this wonderful production; and in it's 40th year, no less!
One of those moments when you just feel the reality of the moment you're in happened again last night. I was on stage, during the finale (which we actually did right!) and you could see the top of the conductor's head, forehead scrunched in concentration as he led the musicians. A perspective I've never seen but in movies. It was amazing.

So, since words are failing me, here are some pictures. :D


My friend Lucy stole my camera and snagged this bad boy :)
(That's me stage right kneeling)


Waltz of the Flowers



Mari and me :)

Shrub and I, photobombed

And again. hehehe

Here is sweet Lucy!


The 2014 Clara's

My sweet friend Whitney came to see the last show. I hadn't seen her since about 2008? 07? a long time.


My seeeester and me


A gaggle of Instep-ers!


My friend Sarah (seen far right in Instep picture) got me this ornament. Which is perfect. And words fail to express how much I absolutely love it.


Our costume director, Ms. Jane, made this to match my costume :)


My parents bought me a Drosselmeyer :D


One of the best times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment