Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Theater Week, Day 2

Let's preface this post with the knowledge that almost as soon as I got to the theater, something found it's way into my right eye, causing it to tear up, my nose to congest, and my eye to turn red and remain irritated throughout the night.

This rehearsal was shortened a little due to the school performances that we are doing tomorrow. The show is a little shorter (hence the rehearsal shorter) but it also had a few parts we hadn't seen yet.

We got to do the entire show in costumes, which really made it feel like the real deal.

I didn't attempt the pirouette, due to the fact I couldn't really focus everything I needed since my eye was acting up. The bright stage lights made me feel nauseous and dizzy with all this and it was all I could muster to just keep going.

We haven't gotten any remarks on our dance the last couple of rehearsals, but we did for the finale. She said it's still rough, we aren't together on the last part. We had gotten together to go over the timing backstage before going on, but that end part was real rough; I could tell as it was happening. So we waited out critiques until it was no longer relevant to us, then we all worked on the timing together on the stage until everyone dithered off and the pas de duex needed to rehearse. It took us a couple times, but it made all the difference in the world. I'm really starting to feel better about it. The last time we ran through it, Ms Alex came up to us and said, "Were y'all just working that on your own?" We said, "Yes, ma'am." and she said, "Good! That is so good!" I asked if we were looking better, if she had gotten to see it, and she said that we were. That it's showing immense improvement already and if we wanted to run it before show tomorrow to feel free. She seemed really impressed that we took it upon ourselves to figure it out. It made me feel really good, especially after yesterday's incident. We just really wanted to get it down and look good and together the best we could. I'm glad the practice made a difference!

So, now it's late. I'm going to bed, hopefully tomorrow I can see out of both eyes. Even more, I hope I can wear both contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment