Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Everything I need to know about life, I learned in dance class

Monday, December 8, 2014

spaced brain.

My brain spaced and I forgot to add in key points about Thursday's class in my last post. But, oh well. They're in the journal. That's what matters, right?

Remember that Autoimmune Paleo diet? Yeah, it ended up getting the better of me. I wound up really sick on Saturday night/Sunday morning and was debating going to the ER. Thankfully, I somehow managed to fall back asleep and woke up without the crippling nausea (I can't throw up--long story--so it makes me a little scared when it gets like that.) I was really weak and had dropped 7 pounds in four days, and 4 of those pounds were over night somehow. Really scary stuff.

I still went to Nutcracker Rehearsals, and just told my teacher about it before hand so she was aware if I had to hold back any. She said I could wear my flat shoes if I wanted, so I did. I was so grateful that she was so understanding about it. I didn't want to look weak or unable to keep up. I don't want to be, like, a liability or whatever, and I didn't want her to be upset that I had never told her about this before if I've been dealing with it for so long. But it wasn't like that at all, and sometimes the movement of activity somehow helps? I don't know.

Good news is, I didn't pass out. I was able to make it through the rehearsal and be okay and today I'm feeling loads better, so I'm hopeful. I know my part is quite minimal compared to the other members, but still. Doing that much when you feel like crap is probably more than I should have done. Oh well.

This week is our Auditorium Rehearsal week! Because, ya know, we have two school performances on Friday, and then our first weekend on Saturday and Sunday! I'm excited and nervous, and will probably feel a lot better after a few full run-throughs. This is my first show ever. I mean, I've done recitals and I've done plays, but those are different. Our finale is ROUGH but we kinda weren't properly shown what to do and can't seem to get the timing right... I'm really hoping everything comes together. Chinese seems to get a bad rap, and I want to do the best I can to change that.

Also, my friend was called out during corrections after rehearsal for giving it her all during Roses, going full out, then telling Ms. Munro she has two bruised toenails that are falling off... Ms. Munro was impressed. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment